The number one best way to market your business is to have a memorable business card! You never know when or why you will meet your next client, having clear, memorable business cards on hand will ensure you don’t lose another potential customer.
3. I know this tip sounds simple, but it will certainly save you – SPELL CHECK!! It is painful to open a new box of business cards to find that when you typed it up, you misspelled something simple, or miswrote your phone number. Don’t let simple mistakes get the best of you.
Now that you have the basics down, there are a few more key ideas to consider about the feel of your card.
4. Size matters!! How big is your card? Standard? Mini? Post Card Size? When you have a wallet full of plain white card stock, a glossy pink card stands out – meaning your customer is much more likely to remember you and your services!
5. Material and Texture. What paper is your card printed on? Is it stiff? How thin or thick is the paper? Is your card glossy? Can your card be easily written on?
6. Corners (a small detail that is very noticeable!) – rounded or square?
7. Maximize space! Instead of leaving the back side of a card blank, give your potential customer a reason to save your card! For instance, if are selling or appraising diamonds, a simple key of stone shapes and cuts on the back of your card is a free little bonus to your future customers. Next time they flip through cards, they will keep yours for your contact and for the stone chart!